"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived."
-Jean Luc Picard

Saturday, July 14, 2001

What Is Hairballs On The Carpet Of Life???

If you usually read blogs that are mostly about one subject, I'll warn you now that my blog is not easily categorized. Posts will include: food and food related topics, various retro/vintage stuff, things that make me laugh or drive me crazy, rants about email forwards and chain letters, movies & TV shows, music, frugality & homemaking, etc... This blog gives you a peek into the jumbled mess that exists in my head. It's kinda scary in there!

I am not a chef nor do I play one on television. I'm bound to do things that will make real Foodies sputter and roll their eyes. I just putter around in the kitchen and try to have fun. I generally cook from scratch as I think that homemade food is better and cheaper than most convenience foods. That said, you will see me use some convenience products from time to time in my recipes.


My goal for the future is to try and be more organized about making titles that easily identify the category of each post. I really don't expect any of you to share all of my interests because they are pretty eclectic. For instance, if I met another person who loves to bake, is a rabid fan of various TV shows from the 70's, loves The Omen as much as Pride and Prejudice, and thinks handwritten thank you notes are awesome, I'd probably faint!

Come on in, there's some baked goods waiting in the kitchen for you!

2 comments:

Janie said...

I just found your site....I am following you! You are a hoot and a lot like me (in your cooking, and that your blog is all over the play..) I LOVE you sense of Humor!

I am new to blogging and still trying to figure out how to add pictures! haha! It must be some sort of metal block ....They WILL come ...eventually...

Now where are those baked goods?!

Erin Roo said...

I just found this blog and I love it! I hope there will be new posts. It's similar to my blog, which is about anything and everything really. It's hilarious, and I LOVE the Star Trek reference too!