"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived."
-Jean Luc Picard

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Whoot! New video from the Sandra Lee Test kitchen thread at TWoP.

If you are from Louisiana, this is a warning that Sandy is picking on your state again.

People tend to argue over just what is and is not a real/authentic food item XYZ. Since I am not from Louisiana, I don't have a dog in this fight but, experience has taught me that if Sandy makes it, her version is never a contender for the real/authentic title.

Sandy recently made a King Cake on the French Creole episode of her comedy show. I can't find decent video of her monstrosity but, Kelly from Evilshenanigans.com, is a brave soul and recently attempted to make Sandy's version of a King Cake. It should be noted that Kelly's braiding skills are far superior to what Sandy did on her show.

Edited to add: For those who are not familiar with King Cakes, here is a link that explains them.

5 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

I loved hearing one of Kelly's dogs barking, warning her to Step.Away!

Donna-FFW said...

Too funny... LMAO ... Thanks I neecded that about now.

Humanimal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow!! Thank you for posting the video, and thank you for your kind words regarding my braiding skills. I assure you, I can make much nicer braids than those on the video. Whack-a-breadstick dough is quite sticky!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!