"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived."
-Jean Luc Picard

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Random thoughts on 01/20/2009

I know Obama supporters will be filled with excitement and McCain supporters will be deeply depressed when January 20th rolls around. I encourage you to take a moment and write down a few lines about what you did on that historical night and exactly how you felt when the results were announced. Tuck them away in a safe place till 2012. Did your hopes or fears come to pass? Be patient, time will tell the story.

I enjoyed looking up what Wikipedia had to share about January 20th. I'm old enough to remember when the 52 American hostages were released on that date in 1981. On a personal note, 01/20/2009 will be my 40th birthday. Shh, don't tell anybody though. My mother doesn't want anyone to know she's old enough to have two children in their 40's! *grins*



No comments: