"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived."
-Jean Luc Picard

Friday, January 2, 2009

I don't feel so good...

Forgive my ramblings, I'm not all here right now....
I have come down with the icky crap that is going around Hairballville. I woke up with this mess on New Years Day thinking that if I just got a good night's sleep I could get rid of it as that works for me about 80% of the time. I've been having trouble sleeping all week which is not helping the situation at all!

I decided that no matter what, I was going shopping this afternoon as there were some sales I wanted to take advantage of that end Saturday night. (I'd rather poke needles in my eyes than endure going to the store on a Saturday afternoon as it's just too darn loud and crowded for me!!) I encountered a young man in the dairy section who sounded all snorty, sneezy and congested just like me. (I call that the attack of the bad elves!)By the time I was finished shopping I felt pretty awful. Ugh!

I'm seriously considering taking some NyQuil-like stuff just to get some serious sleep. The problem is I'm one of those who is sensitive to meds so even a 1/4 of a regular dose has me stumbling around and bumping into walls when I need to get up to use the bathroom. I'm a *horrible* patient and I'm always getting out of bed to do stuff which drives Mr. Hairball batty as he tries to take care of me. *grumble grumble*

Hope everybody else that has this gets well ASAP as this stuff really bites! I'm going to finish my tea and try again to get some sleep.